HomeAboutRuby LaneHouse TourFeatured

Saturday, March 3, 2012

Tornado Outbreak Sadness

Please say a prayer for my fellow Kentuckians who fell prey to a vicious round of deadly tornadoes yesterday evening.

Luckily, we were spared in Pikeville, but my neighbors in surrounding counties were not so fortunate.

My son was unable to come home from Lexington last night due to the severity of the storms.  Some roads are still closed today, many are without power, and some areas that I am very familiar with are totally destroyed.

Our governor has declared a state-wide emergency as the destruction is so widespread.

My heart goes out to the victims and we are doing everything we can in my community to help those in need through volunteering and donations.

Kentucky’s motto is:

United We Stand, Divided We Fall

WE STAND UNITED amidst this crisis.

Until next time and with much sadness tonight,

Kim

6 comments:

Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

I am so sad with you, it's unbelievable.

The storm was bad but the tornadoes didn't make it to mid Ohio - they went south from the west to YOU.

Prayers to all affected, big time!

Hugs,

Rooms by Ann said...

My thoughts and prayers are with all who were affected.

Jan@southernjunkin' said...

Prayers with all who suffered during the tornado outbreak. I fear it's going to be a rocky spring weather!

lvroftiques said...

It's so heartbreaking! We're reading here in my state of Washington that there might be snow on top of everything? I pray not. And my prayers go out to all of those affected by this terrible catastrophe. Vanna

Made In The South said...

It is so sad to see all the loss on tv. I am so glad that your family is ok.
I saw where it is snowing and making clean up worse. I hope that the weather changes soon, so that the clean up can be easier.
Kim, I wanted to get with you, but I have had laptop failure and could not access your email. You won a zipper tote (over at Shenita's blog) and I would love to drop it in the mail to you. Please send me your email or address so I can get it to you. Thank you so much,
Melissa

Decor To Adore said...

Oh yes, my prayers are with you and all of the state.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...