HomeAboutRuby LaneHouse TourFeatured

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Black and Yellow Table Setting


Black and yellow schemes seem to be popping up more lately in décor and I’m really loving the bright, crisp look.  Thus, I decided to get out my Audun dishes and set a fresh table for a spring dinner.

IMG_7077

My dining table is an antique French trestle table, and is much more narrow than my previous table.  Old European tables are typically not as wide as our modern versions.  That’s o.k. with me because we eat buffet style with the food being set out in the kitchen.  But it does limit the amount of space I have in the middle of the table so I can’t put a lot of “stuff” out.

IMG_7080

I styled a few different accessories for the center of the table.  I started with a set of faux scales that I picked up at Pottery Barn and used some beaded lemons for the top.
It really made a nice bold statement of color!

IMG_7082

I especially love this plate set.  It is called “Audun” and is by Villeroy & Boch.
 
IMG_7088

It depicts different toile themed scenes and you can mix and match which patterns you want.  If you notice in some of the photos, you will see there are different coordinating sets that I used.

IMG_7090

“Promenade” is a black and white trellis on the rim.
“Fleur” is a plain wide banded yellow rim.
“Chasse” has a yellow banded rim with a hunt scene in the middle.
“Ferme” is a farm scene with a patterned rim.

IMG_7093

The mugs have an idyllic farm scene all around the body.

IMG_7091

I have matching cereal bowls and other serving pieces, but I didn’t drag them out!
Here is another favorite centerpiece of mine – a rustic votive candleholder.

IMG_7098

It’s very slender and lends itself well to this table.

IMG_7100

The placemats are by Ann Gish and actually have texture in the tone-on-tone pattern.

IMG_7101

And, finally, I  tried a shabby candleabra.

IMG_7106

I’ve had this piece for a while and took the crystals off for a no-fuss look.

IMG_7108

I honestly don’t know which one I like best.

IMG_7103

What do you think?

IMG_7113

I’ll have to decide…

IMG_7115

Can’t wait to do the Easter table!!!

On another note, I’m leaving for Lexington this morning for the Bluegrass Trust Antique & Garden Show.  It’s a fabulous annual event.  I’m attending the Preview Party and Gala tonight then going to the luncheon tomorrow featuring Suzanne Kasler as the speaker!  I’ll tell you all about it next week.

Happy Decorating,
Kim

Linking up to these great parties:
Tablescape Party at Re-fresh Re-Style
Open House Party at No Minimalist Here

11 comments:

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

Kim I LOVE those dishes and mugs!! Your table looks beautiful! I like all three but the last one with the white candle holder is my favorite!

pam {simple details} said...

I vote for #3, can't wait to see the Easter table! So jealous, Suzanne Kasler is one of my favorites, have a wonderful time!

Rosemary@villabarnes said...

Very frenchy. I LUV the mugs. They're all beautiful.

Maureen Wyatt said...

That is such a pretty set of china! I think I like the scales best for centrepiece, but they are all great. ~ Maureen

Ricki Treleaven said...

What gorgeous china, and I really like the scales as a centerpiece!

I am linking from ReFresh/ ReStyle.

xo,
Ricki Jill

reFresh reStyle said...

Kim, your china is one of my favorites! I have always wanted a sugar mold, love it! Happy Spring and have fun on your trip. Thanks for linky up at the Spring'tacular party!
Debbie

Anonymous said...

The dinnerware is gorgeous! Love this table!

Cynthia said...

I love your dishes and the tablescape. Very pretty and I think the lemons on the table are very fresh looking.

Shenita @ Embellishments by SLR said...

Kim, what gorgeous china! Love the color combination!! I won't even try to pick a fave...I love them all!

lvroftiques said...

Very pretty tablescape Kim. My favorite is #1 with the faux scale. Have a great time at the antiques and garden show. Vanna

Linda @ it all started with paint said...

Love this color combination. Thanks so much for the inspiration ...

:)

Linda

www.itallstartedwithpaint.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...