HomeAboutRuby LaneHouse TourFeatured

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Spring Cloches

I gathered up some spring and Easter themed items today and worked on creating vignettes with my cloches.


IMG_6999


I loved how this bunny cloche turned out!  I used a cake stand to elevate it.


IMG_7005


Then I just started arranging and re-arranging and snapping photos.


IMG_7011



I ended up using a large cloche, a small cloche, and a large glass jar.  Old leather bound books make great pedestals.


IMG_6966


One of my favorite fillers is reindeer moss. I really like that particular shade of green.


IMG_6969


Although I do have several faux nests, these two are my absolute favorites because they are real bird’s nests.  ABANDONED nests.  I never take nests that are being used by our sweet bird friends.

 
This is the larger of the two.

IMG_7041


And, the very delicate petite one.


IMG_7012


The cloches are so versatile, I moved them to a few different locations for pics.
I know, technically a jar isn’t a cloche. But it makes a great container for display.


IMG_7023


I moved the large one in front of my Edwin Landseer engraving.  Since the subject matter contains rabbits, I thought this fella would look appropriate here.


IMG_6976


Sir Edwin Landseer (1802-1873) was an English painter and is famous for his works of animals. This is an original London engraving from the late 1800s of one of his beloved paintings titled “Children and Rabbits.”  He was very popular in Victorian Britain.


IMG_6981


I took several shots on the sideboard in the foyer.  


IMG_6996


I really like the reflection in the mirror.


IMG_6998


Another view.


IMG_7004


Back on the dining table.


IMG_6986


And the last one I’ll leave you with is actually from our other home in Lexington.  It sits on an antique plateau and contains the sweetest faux orchid.


IMG_6298

I think I’m officially ready for spring and spring decorating now.  This definitely put me in the mood.   Not to mention the time change this weekend. Woo Hoo

Oh, and the start of my senior daughter’s high school softball season.  Yes, spring is right around the corner.

Blessings,
Kim

I'm partying at the following great blogs:

Treasure Hunt Thursday at From My Front Porch to Yours
Feathered Nest Friday at French Country Cottage
Potpourri Friday at 2805
Inspiration Friday at At The Picket Fence
Vintage Inspiration Friday at Common Ground 
Spring Cloche Party at A Stroll Thru Life

9 comments:

lvroftiques said...

Your cloches look darling Kim! And I love you Edwin Landseer engraving. I don't know what it is about cloches? I just love em! Everything looks better under one...Hmmm maybe I need a giant cloche for myself... *winks* Vanna

Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

Oh how lovely!

Ivy and Elephants said...

It all looks like a breath of spring. Don't you just love decorating with cloches? We'd love to have you join our link party, too.
Hugs,
Patti

Debra@CommonGround said...

You're reminding me I need to get out my rabbits! Your cloches are so sweet, thanks so much for sharing the fun! xo

French Girl in Seattle said...

Bonsoir Kim. Not only are these "cloches" adorable, they are also "traveling cloches" since you took pictures of them all over your house... Very cute shots. They definitely put me in the mood for spring. Veronique (French Girl in Seattle)

La Brocanteuse said...

Hello Kim,
I love your eye for detail and the nests are just adorable.so sweet with the engraving!
thank you for your visit, always appreciated.
hugs&XX Colette

Anita at Cedar Hill said...

The bunny in the cloche is just as sweet as can be. Beautiful for spring.

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh they are all wonderful. Your bunny is precious and I love the little nest with the eggs, then the jar is perfect as the finishing touch. Beautiful and they look fabulous in all of your displays. Thanks so much for joining the party. Hugs, Marty

Chubby Chieque said...

Nest, eggs & bunnies=SPRING...

Lovely decos you have. Hope you will enjoy France. Looking forward to see your photos.

As I am living in Sweden and France is not far, I can guarantee that you will love and will cherish every moment.

Happy mid-week.

Greetings,
/CC

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...