HomeAboutRuby LaneHouse TourFeatured

Monday, March 5, 2012

I SPY #3…The Famous Basket

IMG_6836 

Recognize this beauty?  Look familiar?

I think Sherry at No Minimalist Here made this basket famous (or at least very popular) when she blogged about it in January.  She’s actually purchased 3 of them!  I’m not sure she knew what an impression this basket made on me!!! Lol

IMG_6837

I just couldn’t get this cool basket out of my head. I re-read her post several times so I could look at the pictures.

IMG_6840

It’s a big honkin’ basket with great details like the leather hinges and strap and nice substantial handles.

IMG_6838

But I think what I like most about it is it’s color.  It’s a perfect kind of French grey.

IMG_6841

Well, I was certain I wouldn’t be able to find it… after all, it WAS January when I first read about it. I mean, there’s no way they (HL) will have any left.  If you’re wondering why I just didn’t run right out to HL in January it’s because my nearest HL is in Lexington 3 hours away!  

So, I waited.

IMG_6830

I was in Lexington on Thursday and headed straight to Hobby Lobby.  And, what to my wondering eyes did appear?   You guessed it.  One left. On the top shelf.  On sale. Woo Hoo!

IMG_2906

Grab it quick and go!

IMG_2903

But wait, there’s more!

I spied a matching round basket in the sale isle mixed in with other odd baskets.  This must be my lucky day.

IMG_6869

Same great gray willow. Same great leather for the handles.  I’m thinking of putting a 24” round beveled glass piece on the top for use as a table.

IMG_6872

IMG_6835


After I got home, guess what blog post I read?  Laurie over at Heaven’s Walk had just bought one of these baskets at her HL, too, and was sharing how she used it in a guest bedroom.

IMG_6839

I’m lovin’ both these baskets and I’m definitely doing my Snoopy happy dance!

IMG_6880

Does anybody else out there have this gray willow basket?

Blessings,
Kim

Linking to:
Cowgirl Up! at Cedar Hill Ranch
Tuesday’s Treasures at My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia
Nifty Thrifty Tuesday at Coastal Charm
Party Time Tuesday at Northern Cottage
Show Me What You Got at Our Delightful Home
Wow Us! Wednesday at  Savvy Southern Style
Open House Party at No Minimalist Here
Treasure Hunt Thursday at From My Front Porch To Yours

18 comments:

Cynthia said...

These baskets are very pretty. I love the round one.

Deserae said...

Uh oh...when I read Sherry's post I thought our HL would never have any of those baskets. They never seem to have the "cool" stuff at our store. Now I am really bummed because I have been looking for a round basket just like that for months and to think our HL might have actually had one all along?!?!?! I will have to look for sure now!!! LOL
~Des

Debra@CommonGround said...

what a great basket, lucky You!

Jessica @ Stay at Home-ista said...

ha! My nearest HL is 1.5 hours away so I never, ever get there. I do love the basket, amazing, especially the leather detailing.
I'm now GFC following you back:)

Maria Elena said...

Gorgeous baskets! What a great find!

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...

Hi Kim, I am so glad you found this basket! I love mine and I appreciate the mention. xo, Sherry

Heaven's Walk said...

lol! I'm so glad that you nabbed one of those baskets, Kim! I'm thinking of going back to grab another one AND to look for a round one like yours! :) That French grey color is just perfect, isn't it??? Yum!!!

xoxo laurie

Our Hopeful Home said...

Good thing I didn't see these at MY Hobby Lobby!lol What great luck ! And the table idea is a great one! Kathleen

Anonymous said...

Love baskets. Love those!

Noble Vintage said...

love those! Once again, I wish we had Hobby Lobby's here.... *sigh* I'd have grabbed them too.

Anonymous said...

I love that basket. I did not see Sherry's post but have been looking at it everytime I go to Hobby Lobby. Thanks for sharing.

Benita

Anita at Cedar Hill said...

LOL, I just bought this before I noticed your link or saw the the No Minimalist Here post. I just bought this at HL. Maybe I should go back and get the bigger one too. Yikes, I wonder if it's still there!!

Elna said...

I just love baskest. I bought som new new ones go to my blog and have a look.

Hugs
Elna

THE FARMHOUSE PORCH said...

SOOO pretty! And so versitile! Thank you for linking up to "Cowgirl Up!"
Linsey

Cynthia said...

I still love these baskets. Would love them in my home. Love your page!

{northern cottage} said...

sooo glad to have you link up! GORGEOUS baskets! new party opening up a little bit later today - would love to have ya come play!

www.NorthernCottag.net

Heaven's Walk said...

I'm so glad that you posted about THE AWESOME TRUNK, Kim! lol! Looks great under your buffet!

I NEED to locate one of those round baskets like yours now! I want to put a big topiary in it!!! :)

xoxo laurie

{northern cottage} said...

SCORE!

yay!!! you've been featured @ NORTHERN COTTAGE! C'mon over & grab a button! So glad to have ya link up! xo

www.NorthernCottage.net

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...