HomeAboutRuby LaneHouse TourFeatured

Monday, March 12, 2012

Conservatory Tray

IMG_6374


I’d like to introduce you to my English conservatory tray.  Isn’t she a beaut?


IMG_6375


She’s a wonderfully rustic dark-patina oak with metal corner brackets.  The back is taller than the front so she displays better with her back up against a wall.


IMG_6391


She has definitely been well-loved and used in a previous life.


IMG_6377


This piece makes a wonderful accessory for a tablescape because of it’s size.  I had fun adding different objects to create an interesting vignette.


IMG_6375


The small vintage cloche contains a fragment of a  handwritten French ledger and a vintage spool of cotton thread.  I also included my two antique sheep engravings and a couple splayed baseballs.  You know, baseball and softball season starts in the spring!!!


IMG_6377


I thought I would spell out “spring” just in case anyone was missing it!


IMG_6426


I kept adding and taking away objects in my tray as I was arranging.  On the right side is a new modern porcelain bird vase by Chive and antique French terra cotta pots and a zinc seed pot with dried lavender and a rolled up French ledger.


IMG_6431


I really like the color combo of these fresh flowers that I picked up at the grocery.


IMG_6397


Detail


IMG_6396


I still need to frame my sheep!!!


IMG_6434


I used the leather covers off the splayed baseballs last year to create baseball “flowers”.  It was very tedious getting the leather off the ball.


IMG_6430


This tray would be great in a sunroom or even as a rustic tray to a bath vanity.


IMG_6398


I haven’t seen to much info on conservatory trays, but I guess it’s pretty self-explanatory.  Certainly they were used in early greenhouses/conservatories to contain several small pots for growing as they could easily be carried together.

If anyone has more information on conservatory trays, I would love to hear about it!

Happy Decorating,
Kim

Join me in these great parties:

Cowgirl Up! at Cedar Hill Ranch
Tuesday's Treasures at My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia
What's It Wednesday at Ivy and Elephants

14 comments:

chateau chic said...

Hi Kim, Your tray is BEAUTIFUL! And I really like how you've styled it. Love all the textures you used in your vignette. I wouldn't change a thing!
Thanks for stopping by.
Mary Alice

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Kim, this is so beautifully displayed. I love the French pots and am on the lookout for some.

Maureen Wyatt said...

Oh m'ghosh, I'm in love with your conservatory tray! It is styled perfectly for me. Just package it all up and send it here. lol ~ Maureen

Bliss said...

That tray is great, I can see it being a very versatile piece and moving around a few times with the seasons.

~Bliss~

lvroftiques said...

Yes "she" is very nice indeed! And a perfect starting point for another lovely vignette *winks* Vanna

French Girl in Seattle said...

A conservatory tray, eh? I love how creatively and carefully you "decorate" it to create your own little scene. It looks like spring, all right, and I needed this today (Monsoon season is going strong in Seattle as I type this on my birthday!) ;-) Veronique (French Girl in Seattle)

Deserae said...

I have never seen a conservatory tray before.....yours is beautiful!!!! I love the entire vignette :o)
~Des

Sarah said...

Hi, Kim!! So great to meet you! Just wanted to pop over and say thank you for coming over to visit Mood Board Monday today. We would love to have you join next time!!!

This tray is wonderful!! Where did you get it? I've just gotten into the whole vintage/antique thing in the last few years and I love the character it adds to a home. This is such a pretty vignette and so cool with the unexpected manly touch of the baseballs!!

Can't wait to read more of your blog:)

Cynthia said...

I love your loche and I love the tray!!

A room with a view said...

I have begun to realize I need a vintage cloche and now I would certainly love a conservatory tray such as this one, with so much character. It is a sizable piece, too. Love the pop of pink with the florals.

Ivy and Elephants said...

Hi Kim,
I love the tray! I'd not heard of them before, it is stunning! You've styled it to perfection.
Gorgeous photos, thanks so much for partying with us.
Hugs,
Patti

THE FARMHOUSE PORCH said...

Beautiful! I love that tray!!!
Thank you so much for linking this up with us at the "Cowgirl Up!" Linky party.
Have a wonderful day...
♥Linsey

Anonymous said...

Hi Kim, thank you so much for visiting my blog. Your tray is so beautiful and I love the patina. I am so glad you didn't paint it. And every single accessory is charming. Best Wishes for a wonderful day xo Lynn

Babs said...

Love the gorgeous tray and her? patina. Great idea for something small to go under your cloche, and the flower pots work so well.Isn't it fun to add and subtract,and play with the tray vignette? I do that a lot.
I'm visiting from Ivy and Elephants,
Babs

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...