HomeAboutRuby LaneHouse TourFeatured

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

French Love: Boulangerie Baskets

Aren’t these great?

IMG_7178

These are vintage boulangerie baskets from France.

IMG_7177

They are made of willow, are lined in linen, and date to the 1920s.

IMG_7175

Of course, they have seen lots of use.
They are also known as bannetons (dough baskets) used for the proofing (or rising) of bread dough.  They would be dusted with flour before the dough was added.

IMG_7174

The stripe is pretty awesome, too.

IMG_7172

 Can’t you just smell the fresh baked bread?

IMG_7173

The one with the raised center is used for making couronne bread---a crusty bread with a hole in the middle.  Couronne literally means “crown” in English.



IMG_7170

I’m not sure if I’m gonna display them in my own kitchen or put them in my Etsy shop that I will be opening soon.

Perfectly rustic French Country.

Happy Decorating,
Kim

Linking up to these great parties:
French Obsession Party at Le Chateau Des Fleurs
What's It Wednesday at Ivy and Elephants
WOW! Us Wednesday at Savvy Southern Style
Open House Party at No Minimalist Here
Voila! French Inspiration at French Cupboard
Treasure Hunt Thursday at From My Front Porch To Yours

19 comments:

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

What wonderful french baskets you have here.

Blessings,
Linda

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Love them. I say Etsy.

Deserae said...

Those are just wonderful....love the history behind them! I say keep and enjoy them :o)
~Des

Debra@CommonGround said...

I've never seen anything like these before, really wonderful!

Shenita @ Embellishments by SLR said...

Kim, these baskets are great! They will be hard to part with!

Ivy and Elephants said...

They are wonderful! If you have the space, they're keepers! If not, maybe one of us lucky ducks will get them!
Thanks for sharing with us.
Hugs,
Patti

Cynthia said...

Love the French baskets. They are so cool.

Maureen Wyatt said...

It will be hard to part with such lovely, vintage baskets. Sometimes you hope things don't sell so you can keep them by default. ~ Maureen

Rosemary@villabarnes said...

They have great patina. If you love them, keep em.

Rooms by Ann said...

They have an old world charm, Keep them.Thanks for sharing.

Sandy said...

Love them. I vote for displaying them for awhile and then put them on Etsy.

Thank you so much for visiting my site and following along! I love your blog design as well as your home decor.

Anita at Cedar Hill said...

Great baskets and I lover the thought that many loaves of bread were prepared in those baskets and sent home to happy families.

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...

Kim, These are wonderful baskets and I love them. Thanks for linking to my party.
Hugs, Sherry

designchic said...

What beautiful baskets...love the aged patina!

Paula said...

Gorgeous baskets - what amazing shapes. A brilliant find, you obviously have a great eye - and I look forward to the opening of your Etsy shop with eager anticipation!

Jessica @ Stay at Home-ista said...

Loving the dough baskets, I can smell the bread now. Crusty on the outside, steamy and soft on the inside!

Jessica
stayathomeista.com

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

gorgeous baskets...love them all!

Pamela said...

These are fabulous Kim. Very unique I agree with Kim if you don't keep sell on Etsy. I vote keep though. Thanx for link g up. Sorry I'm behind on stopping by.

Unknown said...

Oh You are very lucky! They are wonderful!
Thanks for sharing at the Monday French party!
XOXO
Isabelle
http://lechateaudesfleurs.blogspot.com/

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...