HomeAboutRuby LaneHouse TourFeatured

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

“Spring” Is Getting In The Way!


 Well, I realize it’s been almost a week since my last post, and if truth be known, the only explanation is that it’s spring-time!!!

My daughter’s high school softball schedule is in full swing with games three nights a week plus weekend tournaments.  This is one of the busiest times of the year for me. But, I’m not complaining and I’m thoroughly going to enjoy her senior year and treasure every moment.  And, the weather has been absolutely incredible!

I’ve also been bitten by the spring cleaning bug plus going through lots of my antique and Country French inventory to decide what to put in my new Etsy shop that hopefully I will have up and running by summer.

IMG_7168


These are great handmade French faience pieces.  I adore Provençal pottery and these Alsatian examples are superb.


IMG_7165


I love this antique metal  sign for a well-known French biscuit company.  “Le meilleur des desserts fins” means “for the best of desserts”.  Isn’t it cool?


IMG_7164

These items are perfect for a Country French kitchen or
any kitchen for that matter!  What about a dining room? 

I feel like the people on the HGTV show,  Love It or List It?

Do I keep it or do I sell it?

I only buy what I love and would use in my own home, so it’s always a tough decision.

Happy Decorating!
Kim

Linking up to:
Nifty Thrifty Tuesday at Coastal Charm
Cowgirl Up! at Cedar Hill Ranch
Tabletop Tuesday at A Stroll Thru Life

11 comments:

Jan@southernjunkin' said...

Yes, that is a difficult decision. I guess I would have to keep it (at least for a little while!) You've found some very nice items! Do enjoy every minute with your senior! Cherish the moments!

Yvonne @ StoneGable said...

Beautiful blog, Kim! I am a new follower. I would have a hard time listing that sign. It would look so pretty in my kitchen!
So glad I found you!
Yvonne

Unknown said...

LOL, it's hard to part with treasures! I just put mine away and use them in my staging business. Then I don't feel so bad. Have fun with your girl!

Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

Do both- keep for awhile then sell it, that's what I do, haha. Best of both worlds.

Gotta tell you those mantle pieces are perfect there, look great.

Decisions, decisions!

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Great items. It is hard to let go of things that you love, too.

Shenita @ Embellishments by SLR said...

Kim, those are some great pieces! I can tell you're going to have a tough time parting with your treasures. Oh, just keep them until you're truly ready to part with them, then list them! LOL!

Rosemary@villabarnes said...

Drooling over the sign, Kim. It's always tough to let go of certain things, but that's the nature of the business. Can't wait to see your Etsy.

Maureen Wyatt said...

I would have a terrible time letting go of the sign! I've had a couple of stores and am used to letting things go, but the odd what one is just impossible to give up. ~ Maureen

Anita at Cedar Hill said...

Thanks for sharing at Cowgirl Up. Oh yes, I don't know how you sell any of those gorgeous things!!

Debbiedoos said...

What a beauty..and yes hard to let go! Thanks so much for sharing with the newbie party.

Lynn Wood said...

I have really enjoyed looking through your blog. You've inspired me to put a little French Country in my old farm house. Thanks for all the inspiring ideas.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...