HomeAboutRuby LaneHouse TourFeatured

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Prom Time

Yes, I’m too old for Prom, but my daughter is not.

We just picked up her dress today and I thought about her Junior Prom last year.  I decided to share a few photos with you that were taken last May of she and some of her friends who came to the house for pictures.

IMG_2934


Everything was lush and blooming.


IMG_2902


My daughter and her boyfriend. 




IMG_2895



IMG_2943


We had a professional photographer from Lexington, too.


58


Thought I’d throw a couple of these in from Homecoming last fall.

IMG_4179


Lots of couples came! It always gets crazy here during homecoming!!!


IMG_4144

Well, she’s a senior and this is her last prom.  It’s a little bittersweet for mom.  She’s wearing white this year.  This will be her third prom and I think I’ll miss it more than her.  I’ll share photos after the event in May.

Graduation is approaching…..(for my son, too, who’s a senior in college).

Sigh!

Blessings,
Kim

Linking up to:
WOW! Us Wednesday at Savvy Southern Style
What's It Wednesday at Ivy and Elephants

14 comments:

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh they all look so beautiful. The guys are so handsome and the girls are lovely. Brings back such memories when my three were all growing up and we had tons of parties, proms and dances. Great fun. Enjoy it all. Hugs, Marty

Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

Kim,

Your daughter is stunning!
and WOW does she ever wear red well. Just gorgeous!

Awl, last prom and two graduations?

Sheesh. Bittersweet indeed.

They grow SO FAST.

Michelle {Jarrah Jungle} said...

Lady in red wow - your daughter is beautiful. The background to those photos is gorgeous what a stunning property

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

What a beautiful couple..your daughter is so beautiful and all the couples are just gorgeous....

The photo shoot could not be any better with that gorgeous scenery in the background...A photographers dream...I just love your property...

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Oh, how I remember the years my daughter dressed for prom. Your daughter is beautiful! Love that red dress. You will have to share the white one with us.

foreverdecorating said...

First, your daughter is a real beauty! And your home and photos are fantastic and great for memories.

Shari @ turnstylevogue.com said...

I'm right there with you Kim. My youngest daughter, Eryn, is a senior this year as well I'm starting to get all of those bittersweet feelings too. In fact (don't call me crazy) there is a specific commercial on tv that has background music that makes me cringe because it automatically makes me think of this type of stuff. LOL.

Your pictures are beautiful!

Sooner Laura said...

I agree with everyone your daughter is beautiful and love the red dress! And the view of the mountains, breathtaking! My daughter is a senior also and I am sewing her prom formal this year. She wanted something vintage in appearance - hard to find. Almost done and will reveal next week on my blog!

pam {simple details} said...

I knew that was her from the first photo, she looks just like you! What fun and bittersweet times!

Shenita @ Embellishments by SLR said...

Great photos, Kim! Your daughter is beautiful! My daughter has her senior prom this weekend. She's wearing white, as well! Where did the years go?!

vicki archer said...

KIm... Your daughter looks so adorable... and how gorgeous they all look together... Looking forward to seeing the latest dress... xv

1House1Couple said...

Hi Kim! Your daughter is gorgeous, and you have a grand home! Such a nice background to the photos :) Congratulations Kim, and to your coming graduates!

~Lisha

P.S. I found your blog through Lori at Bleak2Unique.com. I'm your newest Linky Follower. You can follow back if you want at onehouseonecouple.blogzam.com

Pamela said...

Kim your daughter looks just like you! I love how demure and sophisticated her dress and the other dresses are!

FABBY'S LIVING said...

Your daughter is gorgeous and she looks like you! All the girls are so pretty and they have such lovely dresses on. All the young men are so handsome too! Wow, they sure had a great time they'll remember for ever!
Thank you for sharing it with us. Enjoy your weekend.
FABBY

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...