HomeAboutRuby LaneHouse TourFeatured

Thursday, April 5, 2012

Orchid Love

I love to put orchids in the house during the spring.  They’re great any time, but I especially like them in the spring.  I always look for really special ones.

IMG_7197

I picked up this gorgeous potted orchid a couple weeks ago from a nursery in Frankfort.  The color was so deep and vibrant.

It was a bit pricey, but I think worth it.  See all the buds still yet to bloom?  I think this baby will look great for a good long while.

IMG_7188

I had to move it around the house a bit and especially in front of a couple mirrors!

IMG_7184

I love flowers!

IMG_7196

Being in a flower mood, I was reminded of my Easter table from last year.  I kept the whole centerpiece low for conversation flow and used all fresh tulips.

IMG_2795

The color of my new orchid also reminded me of the color of these tulips.

IMG_2797

I have to leave you with this:

IMG_2810

My teenage daughter asked if the chocolate bunny was real or just for decoration. I told her it was both.

Funny, his ears began to disappear!!!    You gotta keep an eye on your decorations sometimes!!!  LOL

Happy Decorating,
Kim

Linking up to:
Feathered Nest Friday at French Country Cottage

9 comments:

Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

HAHAHAHA that is hilarious and a GREAT picture!

Love the orchid. I have one for 4 years, but it stopped blooming and now the leaves aren't doing so well. I have no luck with them lasting but they are so gorgeous!

Happy Easter!

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Love your orchid. I have never owned one. Afraid I would kill it. I just bought some tulips very similar in color. Very smart making a low centerpiece last year. Poor bunny!

Maureen Wyatt said...

I love the simplicity of the tulips from last year. I'm afraid there isn't enough natural light in my house for orchids so will have to admire your's from afar. Can't really blame your daughter as I'm tempted to do the same here! ~ Maureen

Rooms by Ann said...

That is a beautiful orchid, The color is very rich. I lke it. Thanks for sharing.

Angie said...

I am an orchid lover too and this is just the most gorgeous color! Now following you both gfc and linky~hope you will pop over to my place for a visit as well! Happy Easter! Angie

Dee ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ said...

Hi Kim,

I love orchids in the home. I had a few for many years. I just could not get them to flower again. Your Easter table last year was so pretty. The bunny ears are just too funny.

Happy Easter!

Dee

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for saying hi! I am following you back.
What a lovely blog! You have great taste and very talented!
I would like to invite you to the French obsession party, every Monday. You can link French inspired post. Old and new. I see some Toile... :)
Bisous
Isabelle

Deneen@dreaming-n-color said...

I love orchids too! I can't get mine to bloom now for some reason so I just have leaves:(

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

I am an orchid lover too...It is harder to have them here in N.C. I had many of them in my patio in Florida where they thrive all year round outdoors....so for now, I just enjoy them indoors...There is nothing like a classic orchid...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...