HomeAboutRuby LaneHouse TourFeatured

Monday, December 9, 2013

Simple & Holy Dining Decor

“and she gave birth to her firstborn, a son.  She wrapped him in swaddling clothes and placed him in a manger…” Luke 2:7

IMG_3726


I’m not dreaming of a white Christmas.  Instead I’m reflecting on a Holy Christmas.  It’s in the form of a quiet corner in my dining room that has the most importance and impact of all my Christmas decorations.

IMG_3721 

Just like my foyer, this is the least amount of Christmas decorations I’ve ever put out in my dining room.  And I like it.

IMG_3719


I’m enjoying the single bold statement that says “Jesus is the reason for the season”.

IMG_3724


Another fresh balsam wreath, just like the one on my front door, that came from Lowe’s. Not bad…and inexpensive.  The awesome grain sack ribbon that I’ve been admiring came from the talented Ann at Sutton Place Designs.

IMG_3730


A vintage French red toile fabric remnant, one of my favorite things, simply folded across the table.

IMG_4055



IMG_3733


Small packages added to the vignette remind me of the wise men gifts to the baby Jesus.

IMG_3943




IMG_4056


A décor that has a hushed reverence for our Lord.  That’s what Christmas is about for me and the simplicity that I’m striving for.

IMG_3731


“Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace goodwill toward men”. Luke 2:14
Blessings my friends,

4 comments:

Rosemary@villabarnes said...

Same here, Kim. I'm keeping things simple. Jesus is reason for the season. Love your corner.

Cynthia said...

Kim, I love your decorating and the wreathes are gorgeous. LOVE the touch of toile!!!

Cynthia

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

Beautiful Kim…I love that you use real wreaths..and Ann's ribbon is the perfect compliment!...

Unknown said...

Nice post... Superb gift packing,really cool pics.http://www.luluhypermarket.com/GoodLife/cushion-couture-zzrod27.html

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...