HomeAboutRuby LaneHouse TourFeatured

Wednesday, December 18, 2013

New For Me: A Cable Knit Christmas

I’m sticking with my simple Christmas décor this year and decided to use plain red and white in the family room.  I decided not use the large custom mantle swag with Della Robbia fruit and huge ribbons/bows again this year. Don’t’ get me wrong…the swag and fru-fru stuff is beautiful but I’m in desperate need for a change.

IMG_3945

Here’s what I already had that sparked the decorating change and I just decided to go with it!  I  bought these cable knit cone trees at Target a couple years ago and have had the silver deer a long time.

IMG_3884

I love my two cable knit pattern ceramic vases from Target.  So I kept thinking what can I do with cable knit?  Voilà! I wanted the family room to be warm and inviting with festive touches that can carry on through winter.  So here is my version of a Nordic theme.

IMG_3880

I’m crazy about this cute  advent garland that I found at TJ Maxx.  The little knitted bags are numbered.

IMG_3885

 

IMG_3980

This is one of two deer that I spray painted white last year.

IMG_4096

  I created a vignette on the coffee table using an old painted tool box.

IMG_3975

I filled it with candles, fresh greenery, and small packages.

IMG_3952

 

IMG_3958

I found this little piece of French pottery used to make cheese.  It makes a cool little candle stand.

IMG_3960

 

IMG_3962

I found this Santa sack at TJ Maxx.

IMG_3950

 

IMG_4114

 

IMG_4116

 

Pottery Barn has these great cable knit pattern candles in their holiday décor and I couldn’t resist getting them.

IMG_4120

 

I added two throws to the back of the sofa plus the reindeer pillow from PB.

IMG_4086

 

IMG_4374

All in all I think my cable knit Nordic theme came together quite nicely in the family room.

IMG_3882

 

IMG_3949

 

IMG_3955

 

IMG_3967

 

IMG_3965

I guess today is officially one week until Christmas!  All of the planning is done, presents are wrapped and now it’s time to sit back and enjoy!

Blessings,

Kim

5 comments:

Patty Rumaker said...

Adorable! A cable-knit Christmas! I love the bow on your deer and I love all the little touches of red and that advent garland is adorable. Happy Holidays!
Patty at Home and Lifestyle Design

Unknown said...

Luv it.How original and luvly.

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

Everything looks so pretty Kim...I love that large Santa bag!

Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

Looks awesome, Kim! I too did up decorating differently than in years past - I think it actually got me in the mood. it really helped lift my spirits.

Yours looks great.

Merry Christmas and a very happy new year to you and yours!

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

So beautiful Kim…love the cable knit theme and love the candle…will have to go to Pottery Barn soon..hope there are some left!!!…
BTW, our container just got through all of the inspections..just waiting to hear from the trucking company .. hopefully will be making a trip to Atlanta after Christmas!..:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...