HomeAboutRuby LaneHouse TourFeatured

Friday, June 1, 2012

A French Antique & Fresh Flowers


The hydrangeas are blooming, the hydrangeas are blooming!!! Yay!

IMG_3172

Now, what to do with these beauties?  They look so pretty in the front landscape, but I love to cut a few and use them in different places.

IMG_3175

Do you know what a lavabo is?

Lavabo: salle de bains or sink, washbowl

Homegrown hydrangeas and an antique French cast iron and enamel lavabo =
Très Magnifique!

What more can I say?

IMG_3338


One of my favorite French finds, it is mounted on our outdoor loggia.  A lavabo is a wall sink used indoors or out, with a water reservoir and basin.  This is an especially lovely cast iron example with the original blue-gray enamel over porcelain decorative insert.  The top lifts off so you can fill it with water and there’s a small spigot at the bottom.
.IMG_3336


IMG_3339


I purchased this awesome French chippy white iron lavabo last year at European Antique Market.  I’m selling this one.

image

Ahh, dreaming of the French countryside.  Here’s to a wonderfully Frenchy Friday with French garden antiques.

Au Revoir,
Kim

Linking up to:
Favorite on the First: Gardens at The Polo House
Garden Tour Linky Party at Jennifer Rizzo 
French Obsession at Le Chateau Des Fleurs

13 comments:

René said...

Yay for blooming hydrangeas! They are especially beautiful this year aren't they?! Maybe they are trying to make up for the peonies that never bloomed (at least in my yard).

Happy weekend to you!

Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

Oh my word your hydrangeas are to DIE FOR! There's so many and they are luscious and healthy and the BEST colours!

As for the lavabo, how neat, learn something new everyday!

That is really a neat thing to have for the little potted plants to get watered - they seem to need it daily and it is such a pita to have to go get the hose or to bring a filled pitcher from the kitchen - seems one of those could work nicely? Could it capture rainwater too? Just wondering, can't tell how large it is.

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Your hydrangeas are beautiful, Kim! I just bought three pink ones yesterday and will get them in once it stops raining. I can't wait to start cutting my own blooms again!

pam {simple details} said...

Gorgeous, Kim, and such beautiful colors! Ours aren't in bloom yet in CO, seeing yours is making me anxious!

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

Absolutely gorgeous!!

Bliss said...

Beautiful flowers. There is a garden party you should link them at over at ThePoloHouse blog. I don't have anything as pretty blooming but I linked up anyhow.

~Bliss~

Our Hopeful Home said...

I love this! Our house is brick and I can never figure out what you're supposed to do to hang stuff on it! The hubby is always leery of my ideas....lol. Hydrangeas are my favorite and I would definitely put them in the lavabo....if I had one.

Debra@CommonGround said...

These blooms are gorgeous, I've never seen pink and blue on the same bush! the lavabo is perfect for a wonderful display!

Shenita @ Embellishments by SLR said...

Kim, your hydrangeas are gorgeous! It seems that everyone has them blooming in abundance this year. I love it! They look beautiful in the lavabo. What a great idea!

Alison @ The Polohouse said...

Hi Kim!
I am so sorry I called you Kathe on my last comment on your backyard! I have two windows open ....checking out all the linky party entries and as I looked up at the window, I saw another blogger's blog address which was "Kathe with an E" and thus the confusion. So sorry to mis-address you!

Your hydrangea are wonderful and I love the French lavabo. I see them from time to time around here but never at prices that I can afford!

Such a perfect pairing, hydrangea and the lavabo!

Thanks so much for sharing, Kim. Looking forward to getting to know you and your blog!

Alison

Keeping It Cozy said...

Beautiful hydrangeas... don't you just love the variety in color? You've displayed them beautifully.

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

Oh my favorite...hydrangeas...they are beautiful and your lavabo is so perfect in your loggia...perfection!

Unknown said...

This is beautiful!
thanks so much for linking!
bisous
Frenchy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...