HomeAboutRuby LaneHouse TourFeatured

Monday, September 2, 2013

What’s In A Name? (Apparently A Lot!) So You Change It!!!

“O, be some other name!”

“What’s in a name?  That which we call a rose by any other name would smell as sweet.  So Romeo would, were he not Romeo called.”  Shakespeare.

IMG_3198

I’m addressing something I’ve known from the start…LA BELLE ÉPOQUE is too hard for most people to remember and certainly too hard to pronounce!!!

I was stubborn and determined when I created my blog to go with this name because of its special meaning to me and my husband knowing good and well it probably wasn’t the best choice long term.

Image (2)

La Belle Époque was the name of the charming bed and breakfast inn in Napa, CA that we were married in.  It’s also French and means “the beautiful era”.  Époque is pronounced “eh-pock”.  We even named our house La Belle Époque when we built in 2005.  But alas, that’s beside the point.

la_belle_epoque

Here’s the new name reveal:

Kimberly Hites…The Beautiful Home

Yep. That’s it.  It’s that simple.  La Belle Époque Home basically means “the beautiful time at home” so now it’s in English…The Beautiful Home! HA

Thank goodness I had advice to use my name as my blog URL so it would be easier to just change the blog name.  So the URL remains the same.  www.kimberlyhites.blogspot.com I guess I’m branding myself!

I’m still all about French Country Style Living and talking about Antiques. Décor. and Lifestyle.

Here’s to dropping confusion and difficulty and embracing simplicity and clarity!

Hope everyone is having a marvelous Labor Day weekend!

Here’s to a new name with the same meaning!

Kimberly Hites…The Beautiful Home

Blessings,

Kim

8 comments:

Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

Best of luck.

I liked it, but then if you are moving as well - no time like the present to make all changes.

Hugs.

PS
You were such a beautiful bride!

Unknown said...

I loved Belle Epoque - but I agree that the English name will probably be easier to remember!
XOXO

Debra@CommonGround said...

LOVE your blog, either name, Kim. It's always beautiful!!

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

Love your new name and loved the old one too:)

Bliss said...

Well you sure made that easy for us!

Kathryn Ferguson Griffin said...

Love the new name, but I also loved the old one as well! You looked so pretty in your wedding picture. I adore Napa! Feel free to share this at my Make it Pretty Monday party. Here's the link if you want to check it out. http://thededicatedhouse.blogspot.com/2013/09/make-it-pretty-monday-week-65.html Hope to see you at the bash. Have a great week! Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

miss flibbertigibbet said...

A name that's too hard to remember...and spell? Gee, I can't imagine (snort). I was told to change mine but I never did. I can certainly understand the reasoning! It won't make a bit of difference....your blog is just as lovely as ever!

Unknown said...

Great Pics.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...