HomeAboutRuby LaneHouse TourFeatured

Friday, September 6, 2013

Weekly Recap & A Bit Of French Friday

It’s less than two weeks until the Blogger’s Brocanting Tour and I’m anxiously deciding on what to wear and doing preliminary packing.

In case you missed it, my big news this week was changing tweaking my blog name from “La Belle Époque Home” to “The Beautiful Home” which basically means the same thing!  My URL is the same.  Read about it HERE.

la_belle_epoque

 

And, yesterday I was in a bit of a dreamy Paris mood and created a vignette from the Eiffel Towers I have collected HERE.

eiffel_vignette6

It occurred to me that as much of a Francophile as I am, I would like to start having a French Friday post every week.  Nothing specific….just anything to do with France or French décor and lifestyle.

Today I’ll give you a sneak peek of a great boulangerie item I recently acquired.

IMG_2778

It’s a large French oven paddle used for baking bread.

IMG_2819

 

You’ll see next week how I incorporated it into the fall décor in my breakfast nook.  Hope you have a marvelous weekend.

Blessings,

Kim

7 comments:

Pam - @diy Design Fanatic said...

I am so excited for y'all going to France. Love your bakers paddle. I don't think I've ever seen one with such a long handle. Love the new name for your blog too. Have a great weekend!

Unknown said...

I remember seeing one of those bread paddles at the local bakery in the village where I lived as a wee child.
Hmm... can hardly wait tos ee how you use it.
Hugs, Gee

NanaDiana said...

What a wonderful post. I have always loved those bread paddles but usually see them with short handles. Hope you have a wonderful weekend- xo Diana

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Oh, I love that, Kim. You are already packing?? I have my stuff ready, I think, but not packing it yet.

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

I can't wait to see all the wonderful pictures from Paris! LOVE that paddle!~

Sarah said...

Love the idea of a French Friday feature! I've been thinking about all you girls and this upcoming trip. Fall is a beautiful time to be in France. What? Anytime is a beautiful time to be in France! '-)

Unknown said...


i really like the design this is pretty much awesome than the modern
Multiple Rattan Conservatory Furniture
i would prefer this picture above in terms of designing

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...