HomeAboutRuby LaneHouse TourFeatured

Friday, August 30, 2013

A New Appreciation For Craftsman Style Homes (Or French Country Meets Craftsman Style...A Match Made In Heaven?)


 I just returned home yesterday from being away for 2 weeks.  It feels great to be home.  Thank-you for all of your kind words and encouragement during my husband’s recent surgery and triumph over cancer.


Do you think I could give a Craftsman home a French Country touch?  Sure I could! 
I never really thought about this style before but we looked at a charming Craftsman built in 1921 with some really nice details.  All this downsizing house hunting exercise has got me thinking about every option and every style.

(A note about all these photos: I am using my Iphone and have to depend on the existing light and have very little time to snap as we are looking with our realtor)


IMG_6053


First of all a killer front porch and circular front driveway.


IMG_6055


Love the porch ceiling!


IMG_6056


So far my favorite staircase with huge landing and picture window on the landing.


IMG_6064


Top of the stairs.


IMG_6078


Nice area in the master bedroom with original built-ins.


IMG_6073


Master foyer.


IMG_6075


Obviously lots of potential here. A complete gut job is needed, but the space is good with lots of light.


IMG_6067

Could this become my new French Country kitchen?

IMG_6068

Nice original front door.

IMG_6069


What do you think about this old Craftsman?  Do you think I’d be happy here?  Would my French furniture fit in?
Blessings,
Kim

10 comments:

Yvonne @ StoneGable said...

Kim, I have always loved the sturdy style of a Craftsman home... one of my favorite styles! This home has exquisite built ins and architecture that you cannot find easily in new construction. I say this is a real gem. I think having to gut the kitchen is a real plus! How wonderful to get to have make the heart of your home just the way you want it! LOVE IT Kim!

Unknown said...

I think it's gorgeous!
Love the window in the master bedroom!!!
I'd be extremely happy in that home!
XOXO

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

I love it and I'll move in if you don't want to. :) Only thing I see that needs some updating is the kitchen.

Unknown said...

Wonderful bones!!! Gut the kitchen and make it your own. The rest is beautiful... you can make it work for you.
Hugs, Gee

Sarah said...

Kim, I love all the arches on the porch and inside the home, and like you, the stairs and landing w/ window are great. I can definitely see that kitchen becoming a fabulous French country kitchen. You could make this home into perfection! Good luck!

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh it is gorgeous. I love that entry, so pretty. Hugs, marty

Janette - The2Seasons said...

i know it well.

pat in NY said...

Kim, this house is gorgeous. And how beautiful would a French kitchen look? WOW.
If I was in the market for a house, I would snap this up. I can see myself on the front porch. Divine!
Pat.

Cynthia said...

I think this is a very charming home. The only problem room seems to be the kitchen. Love the built-ins and the front door is so charming. What do you think you are leaning towards?? With your talent you can make anything look beautiful and add your French touches.

Cynthia

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

If you choose that beauty, I know you will turn it into a showplace! Welcome home and glad that everything is well!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...