HomeAboutRuby LaneHouse TourFeatured

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Spring Fever

I’ve finally got it.  Spring fever that is!  The temperature has been in the 80s all week and today’s high was 88 degrees!!!  (I confess…I even laid out in the sun!)

The forsythia is blooming and I always look forward to cutting lots of branches to use around the house.  The bright pop of yellow is so cheery and just says “spring” to me.

I loaded up some tall glass vases that I have and spread the forsythia “love” throughout the house.

In the master bedroom:

IMG_1128

 

In the dining room:

IMG_1121

 

In the sunroom:

IMG_1131

 

As I was putting the branches in one of the vases, lots of petals fell off and I loved how they looked on the little bistro table.

IMG_1116

I think it is such a gorgeous hue of yellow!

Here’s to embracing spring in all her glory!

Blessings,

Kim

6 comments:

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Hot here, too. Worked in the yard all day. That is how I get my sun.

Maureen Wyatt said...

My forced branches just bloomed today. We're expecting an ice storm tomorrow so the timing couldn't be better. Love the petals on the bistro table!

Pendra said...

We are expecting a foot of snow here so I am so green with jealousy to hear of your weather!

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

Beautiful Kim!!
Our forsythia hasn't bloomed yet, but I love cutting some branches and bringing them in the house too. Your pics are stunning!

Unknown said...

I'm trying to look at your forsythia - I really am - but my eyes are glued to that fireplace - wow - is that stunning ( if I could see them - I bet the forsythia are stunning too lol )
XOX

Sarah said...

Forsythia definitely says spring. Makes me wish I had my own bush growing in my garden. I need to add one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...