HomeAboutRuby LaneHouse TourFeatured

Thursday, April 4, 2013

Décor: My Favorite Room

This is the post I did for Kim over at Savvy Southern Style back in January for her "My Favorite Room" Series. I was honored that she invited me to participate.  I thought I would post it on my blog for those who might have missed it.

Here’s a sneak peek at what my favorite room is.  Can you guess?  It’s all about being pampered.


IMG_2652


IMG_2673

Are you relaxed yet?

My favorite room in the house is the master bath and closet.  It’s hard to separate them because it’s actually one large connected suite.

Heated tile floors, crystal chandeliers, and fluffy white towels speak luxury to me.


IMG_2345


Come on in!


IMG_2458


It’s a place to unwind in the evening or rejuvenate in the morning.  This room is such a personal sanctuary and it’s where I spend a lot of time.  The shower is to the left and hard to get photos of.  You could have a party in there…it’s 6’ X 7’!!!


IMG_2452


The best element in the room is, I think, the antique etched cherub glass over the tub.  It dates to the early 1900s and  was part of a door that we found in a Louisville architectural salvage shop when we were building the house.  I knew I had to have it even though I had no idea how I was going to use it.  Some antique items you just know you’ll never find again. It was my husband’s idea to have it installed between the bathroom and my dressing area.  It’s not an outside window.  What you see through it is part of the master closet.

This is my view from the tub when I’m soaking.  It’s so serene.


IMG_2507


My vanity side.  The wallpaper is by Ronald Redding.  I like a bathroom to be soft and just whisper.  Not a lot of distracting things on the wall.


IMG_2468


My husband’s side.


IMG_2470


This is one of my favorite French finds.  A glass and nickel towel bar used in a Parisian hotel probably from the 1920s.   The glass rods are the  most gorgeous shade of aqua blue.


IMG_2446


I have a collection of real clam shells and this one is my largest.  It is quite heavy I might add.  I like natural elements in a bathroom.  There’s an unexpected pop of green in the French glass float.


IMG_2450


This is the entrance to the commode room and another clam shell.


IMG_2479



IMG_2495


I know you all are going to ask if my vanity stays this clutter free.  The answer is “yes”.  I’ve never been one to like lots of things on the counter.  I always hide as much as I can behind doors and in drawers.


IMG_2483


When I’m ready to dress,  I head into the master closet/dressing room which is to the right through an open doorway.  This is the view from the bathroom.


IMG_2374


Closet Factory designed all our closets.


IMG_2365



IMG_2372


This is leading to the small tucked away dressing area behind the tub.


IMG_2398


This window lets in lots of natural light.  I just recently removed the heavy drapes.


IMG_2392



IMG_2422


I keep personal touches in here, like photos of me and my husband, and this charm bracelet which belonged to my mother.


IMG_2418


This is the cherub window from the other side!


IMG_2425



IMG_2384


The tub is an air bath and I like it so much better than a whirlpool.  It provides effervescent bubbles when it’s on and it’s easier to keep clean.


IMG_2459



IMG_2461



IMG_2484


I hope you’ve enjoyed the tour.

You’ll have to leave now.  A hot bubble bath is calling me.


Here’s to relaxation,
Kim

Linking to:
Favorite Things Blog Hop at Katherine's  Corner
Feathered Nest Friday at French Country Cottage

8 comments:

Unknown said...

I have serious closet envy after reading your post! I love everything about your beautiful bathroom and closet. I would spend hours there too!

Rosemary@villabarnes said...

I could live in there. lol Love everything about it, Kim.

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

I can see why this is your favorite room Kim...it's beautiful!! Your closet is AMAZING!!

Cindy @ Dwellings-The Heart of Your Home said...

Beautiful! Love everything, especially your towel bar!!!
Blessings,
Cindy

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

Hey Kim...always love seeing that gorgeous bathroom and your closet ... oh be still my heart! Have a great weekend!

Lorraine said...

Just beautiful! And I thought MY closet was big! Wow! Makes me wanna take a bath!

Pendra said...

Kim your bathroom is gorgeous, I LOVE that window between your closet and bathroom! I think your closet and bathroom are both bigger than my master bedroom and your shower is bigger than my master bath! I could and would spend lots of time soaking in that beautiful tub!

Katherines Corner said...

Kim! I don't know where to start...it's gorgeous and relaxing and the elegance of it all is so dreamy. It is a lovely place to soak the day away. I must say I am a bit envious of your grand master closet. We have a small walk in off of our master bathroom and I would love to have room in there for a chest of drawers. Thank you so much for sharing the hop with your readers and thank you for sharing at the hop, your participation makes the hop extra special. Big Hugs P.S. the new giveaway posted Friday!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...