HomeAboutRuby LaneHouse TourFeatured

Sunday, November 10, 2013

Thanks “Living”: A Reminder

Thanks “Living”.  It just sounds good.   A couple years ago in one of my very early posts I challenged everyone to LIVE with an attitude of THANKS every day of the year.

For this upcoming Thanksgiving holiday which is marked by the tradition of giving thanks for the many blessings we have received I am reminding my family of not only giving thanks on this special occasion but LIVING a THANKFUL life everyday.

Tah-dah.  My theme for the season and the sideboard in the breakfast nook:

IMG_3657

I gathered my French zinc pitcher and vintage pewter vase and filled them with dried hydrangeas from my garden.

IMG_3661

I found the little rustic riser at an antique shop a long time ago and it comes in handy in lots of places.  I used it here to elevate a set of birch-bark covered votives.

IMG_3674

I was still playing around with one of my white pumpkins that I’ve had for years and tried it here, too.  I think I might like the pumpkin better in this vignette.

IMG_3664

 

IMG_3670

 

Here’s a sneak peek at my dining room décor for Thanksgiving.  I’ll show you the rest later.

IMG_3622

Thanks “Living”…the practice of putting the spirit of thankfulness into our everyday lives.

Blessings,

Kim

1 comment:

Gypsy Heart said...

A beautiful sentiment and very appropriate! I think every home needs a little reminder year round. :)

Great job!

xo
Pat

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...