HomeAboutRuby LaneHouse TourFeatured

Thursday, November 14, 2013

My Thanksgiving Dining Table…Blue & White Toile

I’ll be having the family Thanksgiving dinner at my house this year and my mom is helping with the cooking.  I decided to be a little unconventional in the décor and went with blue and white toile.

IMG_3698

I added a grain sack runner down the middle.  The toile tablecloth and napkins came from Williams Sonoma a few years ago.  I also have it in red….you might see it again around Christmas!

IMG_8498

 

IMG_3631

 

IMG_3632

I showed you a sneak peek of my “Thanks-Living” banner a few days ago.  I have admired the burlap banners, but didn’t want to spend the money on one so I made my own. 

IMG_8477

It’s just brown craft paper, sticker letters and jute string.  Very easy but I get the effect I wanted without any cost.

IMG_3626

I tried hanging it different heights above the console.  Here it is lower.

IMG_3693

I’ve certainly gotten my use out of the hydrangea that I dried from my garden.  The sun was streaming through the window so pretty on this morning.

IMG_3686

You can see that I have two different plate settings.  I was playing around to see which one I’ll actually use.  I like using the fresh pears with name tags placed over the stems.

IMG_3645

 

IMG_8514

 

I really like the pears.  I like their green color with the cobalt blue.

IMG_3642

You’ve probably seen me use these cobalt blue vases before, too.  Well, they’re not actually vases.  They are empty Arizona Iced Tea bottles.  I got the idea from a favorite café of mine that always had them on the tables with fresh flowers.  I’m not sure Arizona even makes the blue bottles anymore.

IMG_3688

I had fun photographing the pears.  Fruit always looks good in pics!!!

IMG_8509

 

IMG_3641

 

IMG_3654

 

IMG_3655

Now if only the cooking was already done!!!  Where’s the turkey?

Blessings,

Kim

4 comments:

Deserae said...

So gorgeous!!!! I really like the green pears mixed with the blue and white.... and the place tags look so cute attached to the stems :o) Wishing you and your family a very Happy Thanksgiving!!!!!
~Des

Sarah said...

Kim, this is a gorgeous table. I like the clever name tags attached to the pears. What a great idea! I'm going to pin it and use this one. Thanks!

Unknown said...

Beautiful table Kim. I luv the pop of green against the blue and white. Fresh ... luvly.
Hugs, Gee

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

I love seeing the blues in a Thanksgiving table…love the pears as the place cards…the green looks wonderful with the blues…and loving that grain sack as a table runner!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...