HomeAboutRuby LaneHouse TourFeatured

Monday, February 3, 2014

A Solution For My Craft Room

I don’t think I’ve ever shown you my entire craft room.  It’s very hard to photograph.  It’s a large space located on the 3rd floor and has two dormer windows on each end.

IMG_4431

I love my Martha Stewart craft tables but with their open legs you could see right through them as you come up the stairs.

IMG_4444

I also keep a cheap plastic rolling cart of drawers underneath which is handy for scissors, tape, glue, etc. (the not- so- glamorous necessary stuff).

IMG_4438

I decided to add panels to the craft tables so you couldn’t see the unsightly cart when you entered the room.

IMG_4440

I cut pieces of foam core to fit the opening then glued blue and white toile from Waverly to one side.

IMG_4432

I think it looks much better and polishes off the area.

IMG_4445


IMG_4428

The blue and white toile goes well with a memo board that I have in another area of the room.

IMG_4488


IMG_8931

I painted this plain sideboard and added a vintage wall curio that I picked up years ago.

IMG_8926

It’s almost impossible to get a photo of this section because of the light that comes in from the dormer window.

IMG_8936

Back to the panels…believe it or not, the panels fit just perfectly tight so that they stayed put on their own. I didn’t have to attach them with anything!

IMG_4430

How about you?  Are you still organizing for the New Year?  I’m on a roll so I’ll have to tackle something else soon.

  The dates for the Fall Brocanting Tour to France are September 26-Oct 3.  Let me know if you want to go...there's only 1 spot left!
Blessings,
Kim

4 comments:

Janette - The2Seasons said...

What a great idea, Kim. So practical and so cute.

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Great idea to add those panels, Kim! I like to use the underneath space of my tables for storage, too. I wound up skirting the largest of my tables with a toile fabric to hide it all.

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

Love the panels Kim!! Great idea!

Julie said...

Hello Kim

Love your craft room
Toile panel is a great idea.

Happy Craft!!

Julie x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...