HomeAboutRuby LaneHouse TourFeatured

Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Sweet Changes & Treats For Valentine’s Day

It’s time to freshen up and update the blog and I’m at it again with a name change.  Since Valentine’s Day is Friday I’m celebrating with toile instead of roses!  A big shout out to my blog designer Karen of Valentine Designs.  She always does a marvelous job.

IMG_4520

I’ve gone through a couple name changes and I’m trying another one out…”Pariscope Home”.  What do you think?  I’ll eventually decide on ONE…maybe! lol  The good thing is that my URL will stay the same as usual (kimberlyhites.blogspot.com).  That’s the beauty of using my name because it will never change.  The reason I’ve not been truly settled on or satisfied with a name is that I have some future plans in the works which I will share as they unfold over the next year to year and a half.  And you probably have guessed it has something to do with relocating and French antiques!!!  That’s all I’ll say for now. I love blogging and all my blogging friends, but you know I don’t blog full-time….blogging is only one fun part of the Big Picture for me.

 

I don’t really do any decorating for Valentine’s Day but I made these cookies using wafer paper.  It’s my first time using these edible papers and I couldn’t resist the toile pattern!

IMG_9233

I didn’t do a great job, but they’re still almost too pretty to eat!

IMG_4523_thumb[1]

 

IMG_9244

 

I paired them with my vintage French wire jam (confiture) carrier.

IMG_9237_thumb[1]

I filled small glass jars with nonpareils and white votives.

IMG_9239_thumb[1]

I think it will make a pretty vignette with the cookies.

IMG_9246_thumb[1]

 

I’m glad it’s almost the middle of February with Spring on the way.  In the meantime, here’s to romance.

IMG_9232_thumb[2]

Don’t forget to click on the Brocanting Tour button on the sidebar.  Space is extremely limited for the Fall tour!

Happy Valentine’s Week,

Kim

5 comments:

Shenita @ Embellishments by SLR said...

Kim, I noticed the new name; and I love your new header! The Valentine's cookies are beautiful! They wouldn't last around here! Can't wait to hear about all of your exciting plans! Wishing you a Happy Valentine's Day!

Unknown said...

Oh Kimberly those have to be the prettiest cookies I've ever seen. I never heard of edible paper. I too keep thinking of a name change to my blog but I guess im stuck with my url. Ive heard to many horror stories of trying to change them with a great chance of loosing everything to your blog. Yikes! Love the new name!

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

Love the cookies Kim...yes, they would be too pretty to eat!...Will have to try those papers!...and great new blog design...definitely is "you"....and love, love your jam carrier!!!...

Jennifer @ Town and Country Living said...

I didn't know there was such a thing as edible paper. The cookies are adorable! We have a store here called Pariscope ... and as you might guess, they sell a lot of French goodies!! Love the toile.

Sarah said...

Kim, I'm late visiting this post, but happy I didn't miss it all together. These cookies are adorable. I've never used edible paper to decorate with.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...