HomeAboutRuby LaneHouse TourFeatured

Thursday, February 6, 2014

A Tidy Armoire

IMG_8996


I did a little straightening in my armoire as I continue to clean everything out.


IMG_8994

It’s nice to not have everything stuffed and filled to the brim.  I like having space in my storage pieces.

This is my little collection of Laduree Macaron boxes.  I can’t bear to throw them away because they are so colorful and chic.  I pick up a small box of these luscious morsels at the Paris airport on my way home every time. My daughter loves them.

IMG_9001


I store some of our wedding mementos in here too, like our sterling goblets and ring boxes.


IMG_9002


Other items include a special basket I found in Provence along with lavender-filled toile sachets made with antique toile remnants.


IMG_9004


I also use the top shelf for keeping large paper items that need to lay flat.  I have a pair of vintage Czech rooster prints that need to be framed.  I’ll get around to it someday.  They would look awesome in a kitchen or dining room.


IMG_8954


And I keep advertising posters that I find and pick up in France…for free.  These are all over Paris and Provençal towns and it’s okay to take them if they are not current and the dates have passed or if you ask the shopkeeper.  I don’t like all of them, but I look for ones that have great graphics or subject matter.  I plan on having some of these framed someday, too.


IMG_8955


But my favorite thing in the armoire is my small collection of vintage French toile.  I love seeing different colors of folded and stacked toile.  I’m always on the lookout for great pieces and the good toile is getting harder to find.


IMG_8997


Now I’m ready to return to France and pick up some more treasures to go in the armoire!


IMG_8995

Blessings,
Kim

8 comments:

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

So pretty. You should get those framed. I just want an armoire like yours and will find something similar I hope some day around here at a good price.

Lisa~A Cottage To Me said...

Very pretty! Great prints!

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Very neat and pretty, Kim! I like to have a little "breathing room" in my storage pieces, too. Love those poster flyers. I think they would look great framed.

Deserae said...

Your armoire is beautiful....I love the toile fabric!!! I have an armoire I use to hold linens upstairs but the inside does not look near as tidy as yours! LOL
~Des

Our Hopeful Home said...

I envy your ability to leave some room. Right now my armoire is full-up with stuff and the linen closet is overflowing as well. Love the rooster prints, and I would save those boxes, too, for sure!

Janette - The2Seasons said...

Looks great. I just did a teeny fix-up in our antique armoire, but it's not as classy as yours. I went with oil cloth on the shelves, but I'm sad now that I didn't think of toile. Might have to change it.

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

Your armoire is gorgeous and I remember you plucking a great poster off the wall in France!

Cynthia said...

Your armoire is so pretty and love the collection of toile. HUGE toile fan. The poster you have from France are great, lucky girls.

Cynthia

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...