HomeAboutRuby LaneHouse TourFeatured

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Little Changes = Big Difference

I shared my master bedroom with you a few days ago and had my wish list of things I wanted to change (which involves purchasing and actual work!) which will take some time.
I couldn’t stand it, so I “played” a little bit this past weekend, and things already look better to me.

IMG_6812

The Before:

IMG_6509

Three minor changes:

Took the drapes down
Changed  some of the bedding (already had extra)
Put wall sconces (that I already had) next to the bed 

IMG_6815
IMG_6824
IMG_6822

Presto! Already lighter and brighter without much effort.
Also took down the heavy dark Tuscan painting and put up two original shell engravings in modern mirrored frames. (Already had these, too).

Before:

IMG_6557

After:

IMG_6818

Now to  replace the very dark bed with an upholstered one!
Please don’t tell me you like the “before” better! I really need a change! LOL
I’ve been working on my mood board for this room and will reveal it next week!

Until next time,
Kim

Linking up to:

Potpourri Friday at 2805
Inspiration Friday @ At The Picket Fence

6 comments:

Deserae said...

I love the lighter looks with just the few changes you have made. I am so jealous though....I want to change my bedroom too but I have to wait :o( I am just itching to ditch my bed and get an upholstered headboard. I want a tall one though so I might have to break down and make one. LOL
~Des

Shenita @ Embellishments by SLR said...

Wow, Kim, you didn't waste any time!! LOL!! It looks great!! Isn't it funny how minimal tweaks can make such a difference?

pam {simple details} said...

Kim, those simple updates made such a difference! I love the new feel already!

Debra@CommonGround said...

love those simple changes. looks wonderful!!

Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

I like them BOTH -but I really really REALLY love that bed.

How about keep the bed and just paint it a chippy fun white? Or even black to go with that toile?

Or French Country grey?

The bed is superb and I would gladly trade you anyday!

Your room is lovely, I like it brighter too.

Candy said...

It's a BEAUTIFUL room, both before and after. With summer coming, thought, the updates definitely make it lighter and lookin more like summer. Im with Michele, though. I love, love that bed. And, it would look great white.
Im your newest follower, so please come visit me and maybe follow back?? THANKS

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...