HomeAboutRuby LaneHouse TourFeatured

Sunday, February 26, 2012

I SPY #2 Vervain Fabric–Charles Faudree Designs

 

I’m lovin’ Charles Faudree’s line of fabric for Vervain.  I’m needing wanting to update some drapes and upholstery in different parts of the house, and I’m soooo into this collection right now.  I’m sure many of you have seen this ad in major style magazines.

faudree_ad2008

 

As most of you know, I love French Country décor and antiques, and Charles Faudree is one of my favorite designers.  I was fortunate to have met him a couple years ago when he was speaking at the spring Keeneland Antique & Garden show in Lexington.  He is so charming in person and he signed two books for me! (Go Here if you want to know what Charles and I have in common).  I’m jealous of Sherry over at No Minimalist Here who has her picture with him in her sidebar.  I didn’t think to get a photo with him.  Someday, yes someday! 

IMG_6762

Sigh. I digress.

IMG_6566

Anyhoo, I have his Vervain sample books at home right now and boy can I tell you I have had a blast carrying them all over the house, trying to narrow down my selections.

Problem is….I want several of them and you can’t have the same fabric in different colors all throughout your house. 

IMG_6567

I definitely have my favorites and here they are:

I already love toile and I am crazy about his version. I mean I am CRAZY about this particular toile. It’s called Cavalier Toile and depicts his beloved Cavalier King Charles Spaniels.  I am definitely using this fabric somewhere. It’s a no brainer. Now which colorway…

IMG_6569

Isn’t it awesome that he incorporated the Cavalier into this pattern?

IMG_6600

Another one that I think I’ll use is called Hamlet’s Toile.  It’s a very romanticized toile and has almost an ethereal quality about it.

IMG_6591

And, here are some pattern combos that I am considering.

I could use these in my daughter’s room.

IMG_6574

IMG_6580

Or, stay in the blue family.

IMG_6595

 

This slate toile is one of my favorite colors. I keep coming back to it.

IMG_6587

 

This  grouping could be used in my son’s room for a re-style in the cocoa scheme.

IMG_6601

 

Faudree’s animal prints are outrageous.  I’m definitely going with one of these somewhere as an accent. It’s so popular right now to have at least one animal print in a room.  I’m thinking maybe an ottoman or footstool.  The non-traditional colors are so fabby.

IMG_6592

 

You can’t go wrong with blue.

 

IMG_6588

 

What about taupe and sage?

IMG_6581

 

This the palette I’ve used for awhile now in my home…paprika red and gold.  I think I need a change.

IMG_6573

This is ultra sleek and classy, too.

IMG_6582

 

Thank you, Charles, for some wonderful fabric choices.

Where will I finally decide to use it? And, which ones?

Which would you choose?

Blessings

Kim

Linking up to:

Newbie Party at Debbie Doo’s Blogging & Blabbing

11 comments:

Rosemary@villabarnes said...

I love the romantic toile, and the slate. Probably not a surprise. lol

Rooms by Ann said...

Those are some great fabrics, Can't wait to see where you use them.

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...

Hi Kim, You know Faudree is my absolute favorite designer and it was such a pleasure to meet him. Thanks for mention! I love this line of fabric, especially the slate toile. I don't think you could go wrong with any of the fabrics. Hugs, Sherry

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

OMG, look at all that wonderful fabric by my favorite designer. Lucky you to get to use some of them.

Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

WOW, that is going to be impossible to decide! Those prints are remarkable!

Cynthia said...

OMG my favorite thing fabric. I would choose the romantic toile. I love toile.

Shenita @ Embellishments by SLR said...

Kim, these fabrics are gorgeous! How can you possibly narrow it all down? However, I know you will have fun trying!

Ramblings of a Southern Girl ~ Rhonda G said...

Oh wow! Great toiles! I went to our local fabric store today, and decided really quick that I need not return anytime soon! ...all the beautiful fabrics get my creative juices going and I think of a million projects! LOL! Love fabrics!!! :)

I don't know if I overlooked it, but I don't think I've received your email with your address yet. Anxious to mail your give-away winnings to you! rmgrice@yahoo.com

Deserae said...

Such gorgeous fabrics....I could never choose! LOL
~Des

Leslie said...

Feel like I'm in a candy store! Love the fabrics - and your blog is gorgeous.

leslie

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

I so love Vervain...the slate toile is fantastic...Just redoing the bedding in the master in a similar color...

Hard to choose from so many fabulous prints...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...