HomeAboutRuby LaneHouse TourFeatured

Monday, January 20, 2014

4 Easy Organizing Ideas For Your Craft Room (I’m Letting You Look In My Drawers!)


Ready to organize your craft room?  Here are 4 ideas that I utilize in my craft room to help keep me organized.

IMG_4481


ONE:
Is your rubber stamp collection out of hand?  Here’s a trick to help corral all those pieces.
IMG_4470

I use inexpensive plastic frames turned upside down for rubber stamp storage.  If you don’t want to purchase these frames, use shoebox lids…they’re free!
IMG_4471

You don’t have to worry about ink getting on things and they fit nicely in drawers.  They are also easy to transport when you need to use them.  Just grab the picture-frame-turned-tray and go!
IMG_4476


TWO:
Use vintage cups and saucers to organize small items in your drawers.
 
IMG_4420

I found this charming set of French Limoges custard cups and saucers and they give me something pretty to look at when I’m searching for small pieces.
IMG_4446

Hint:  These are also great for holding jewelry in your boudoir drawers.
IMG_4449


IMG_4457


IMG_4459


THREE:
Use vintage metal tole pieces and muffin tins to hold all sorts of crafting materials.
IMG_4435

A vintage tole napkin holder now holds my Valentine gift bags that I’ll be using next month.
IMG_4433

I keep all kinds of tags in this tole container.
IMG_4504

I have several muffin tins that I use in and out of drawers.  I also have some that I have spray painted white.
IMG_4490


FOUR:

A vintage train rack and wooden hangers help keep pretty ribbons tidy.
IMG_4501

I wrap ribbon around manilla or white card tags and use jute to tie them to vintage wooden painted hangers.
IMG_4510


IMG_4508


IMG_4513

I hope this helps jumpstart your craft room organization for the new year. I love using vintage pieces for organization.  Everything looks soooo much prettier.
IMG_4461

I’m joining 6 other lovely bloggers who are sharing tips and ideas for organizing in 2014.  Please give them a visit for some great inspiration.
IMG_4483

Blessings,

11 comments:

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Love all your storage ideas. That wire shelf hanger is amazing. You need to add your post in the linky asap.

Mary said...

Oh what a feast for the eyes to see those Limoges custard cups and saucers organizing your pieces! I love your ribbon organization too :)

suzieQ said...

I also organize items in vintage containers. Pencils, markers, etc. fit into sugar bowls, mustard crocks, etc. When I am thrifting and see something unique, I try to envision how to use it for a different purpose. Storage can be pretty or boring and pretty wins.

Unknown said...

Beautiful ideas Kim! Love all your treasures and vintage goodies!

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

I love all of your "pretty" ways to organize. Love that train rack! And such a fantastic idea to use those plastic frames to store the stamps. I am going to get some right away! Great partying with you.

Dawn said...

I love all the vintage cups and the muffin tins to organize it make it all look so pretty and fun. What great storage solutions. I can't wait to get to my craft room next!

Sarah said...

Thanks for sharing the great ideas, Kim. I'm at work organizing some closets around here. You are an inspiration.

Eclectically Vintage said...

Great tips - I love using vintage finds to organize and can't wait to get my craft room finished so I can get the fun accessorizing done!
Love the idea of using a frame to hold all the stamps!
Kelly

From the Old InkWell said...

Wonderful Ideas! Love all the vintage ways you organize.

Bliss said...

The stuff in my drawers must not be cute cuz when I try to organize it, I have to put it all right back where I took it out. I guess no one will ever look in my drawers!

Ann from On Sutton Place said...

This is so pretty Kim and what a wonderful place to spend an afternoon. I love the little cups where you have your buttons!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...