HomeAboutRuby LaneHouse TourFeatured

Thursday, June 6, 2013

French Beauty Secrets…Gwyneth Paltrow Recommends

I’m sure most of you know that Gwyneth Paltrow was recently named the world’s most beautiful woman in People magazine.  Regardless how I feel about that, I did read some of her beauty product recommendations.  I figured it would probably be beneficial if I were using the same products as her….maybe I could get the same results!

So armed with her list of French products (she says she buys these every time she’s in France or has friends pick them up for her when they go) this was my first mission when I got to Paris.

I headed straight to the Pharmacie (skincare/beauty product stores in France, not the medicinal drug store as here in the USA).

“Bonjour Madame.  Je suis à la recherche de ces produits.  Gwyneth Paltrow leur recommande”.  Then I would show the clerk my Iphone notes with the following list:

1. Klorane gentle dry shampoo with oatmilk

2. Embryolisse moisturizer/cleanser

3. Bioderma crealine h20 micelle solution

4. Avibon vitamin A

5. Alfalux baume levres

I ended up with the first three products.  I went to 3-4 different Pharmacie’s and none of them currently carried the Avibon or the Alfalux.

IMG_5873

I must say I like all three of them.  I found out when I got home that you can purchase them on the internet, too.  So you don’t actually have to make a special trip to Paris..darn.

But what Gwyneth didn’t recommend and what several of the French women clerks said they thought was better was the skincare line by Darphin Paris.  It must be popular because everybody carried it.  I tried some samples and I was hooked.

I ordered some products when I got home…cleanser, serum, moisturizer.  I want to try the elixir next.

IMG_5876

 

Hopefully I’ll look 20 years younger by the end of the summer!  Here’s to beauty routines and rituals around the world!

Blessings,

Kim

3 comments:

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

That is supposed to be good, but I know it is pricey.

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

Will have to see if I have enough in my budget after shopping the fleas!!

cheri said...

Bonjour Kim,

I so enjoy reading your blog it transports me back to France. I too, went to the pharmacie armed with my list of goods to buy. Although I didn't purchase most of them I did come home with Nuxe brand lip balm and their Huile Prodigieuse, a lovely light weight multi purpose oil than is heavenly and good for our dry California summers. I'm trying some Caudalie serum right now and will definitely look for some our the Darphin. It's hard not to be a product junkie with all the wonderful products out today. A bientot. Cheri

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...