HomeAboutRuby LaneHouse TourFeatured

Thursday, January 26, 2012

French Sunburst Mirrors

I’m piggybacking on Debra’s post over at Common Ground today!

It’s chock full of photos and historical information about these awesome decorating accessories.  Please check it out here.  I enjoyed it so much, it inspired me to share my mirror.

Here are a couple photos of the sunburst mirror that I have. It hangs on a small wall in my dining room. I purchased it at Crown and Colony Antiques in Alabama, when I was on a French antique buying excursion a couple years ago.  It’s not very large at about 24” diameter.  I would love to find another one for my daughter’s room. 







IMG_5680

Lots of decorating stores and catalogs have reproductions i.e. Wisteria, Ballard Designs, Ethan Allen and several others.


You can see them in so many designer rooms and I found a few photos of my favorites:


countryliving
 (source: Country Living)


housebeautifulmirror
(source: House Beautiful)


eclecticrevisitedmirror
(source: Eclectic Revisited)



decorpad3
decorpad4
decorpad1
(previous 3 photos source: Décor Pad)


These are quintessential French and so iconic of the French look.   They certainly are back in vogue and have made a comeback from their ultra-modern resurgence in the 60’s & 70’s.
 (Groovy, Man!)

Thanks, Debra, for the sunburst inspiration!  You inspired me on Vintage Inspiration Friday!

Blessings,
Kim

Linking up to:
Vintage Inspiration Friday at Common Ground

3 comments:

Debra@CommonGround said...

Hi Kim, your mirror is amazing. Just perfect for your space. love your wall color and that white trim. I have some of the same inspiration photos for my next post. let's just say great minds think alike!! thanks so much for joining in!

Debbiedoos said...

Hi Kim! What a gorgeous mirror. I love the look and you showed some great sources and inspiration to go along with it. Have a great weekend.

Kathryn Ferguson Griffin said...

I'm so glad you came to visit me at TheDedicatedHouse! Love what I'm seeing here! Happily following you back! Hope you have a grand day! Toodles, Kathrym @TheDedicatedHouse

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...