HomeAboutRuby LaneHouse TourFeatured

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

A Story of a Banister and a Foyer

Well, maybe not a real story, like a thriller or romance novel, but I thought it sounded good! To me, it’s a big deal, like give me a drum roll please.

IMG_4743
IMG_4742
This year I’m foregoing the large set of English carolers and instead opting for the traditions of Provence by using a large early 1900s terra cotta cherub statue from the garden to greet guests as they enter the foyer.  There is an even bigger change: the sweeping wrought iron and cherry staircase no longer boasts yards of garland (like I’ve done for many years) but rather has classic swags of Della Robbia fruit.  It’s so much easier to handle and I really like the results.
IMG_4746
IMG_4751
One of the cool new things I found this year are the lighted branch trees. They are so chic and contemporary looking and really make a statement when they are lit. I am crazy about them.
IMG_4753
IMG_4752
I made all the swags myself, using materials from previous garlands and other Christmas decorations that I already had. I will sprinkle fresh greens around the closer it gets to the Parade of Homes.  The Parisian mirror over the sideboard is flanked by tall trumpet vases filled with glass ornaments. Again, simple.
IMG_4755
IMG_4737
IMG_4739
IMG_4740
I’ve included the foyer with the banister because I don’t think
I can separate the two. They are forever entwined.
IMG_4756
Hope you are having a fun week checking out all the Christmas decorations at the Block Party.
Joyeux Noel,
Kim
Linking up to:

2 comments:

Shenita @ Embellishments by SLR said...

Kim, these swags are absolutely gorgeous! Your entire foyer is just stunning! Everything looks wonderful! Thanks for sharing!

Maria Elena said...

Oh, so beautiful! Your foyer is just gorgeous!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...