HomeAboutRuby LaneHouse TourFeatured

Thursday, December 8, 2011

A Vintage Christmas Idea

Wow! We are already at the end of the Christmas Blogger Block Party…what a whirlwind.

Now that my children are practically grown up (21 and 17), I was in a dilemma of what to do with all their precious childhood ornaments.  Now mind you, I still put our most cherished family ornaments, including some of their childhood ones, on the slim gingerbread tree in the basement den, but these kids have had tons of ornaments that we’ve collected. I use to do each a special theme tree in their bedrooms completely decked out with their own collections of ornaments…there’s been the UK tree, the snoopy tree, the Disney heroine tree, the teddy bear tree, the sports tree, etc….you name it.  Both of them love Christmas so much.  Anyway, how do you corral all those ornaments that you want to keep?
IMG_4795
IMG_4788

In large glass pedestal jars of course!
IMG_4803
IMG_4804
I saw this idea years ago, but I don’t remember where. It was actually for displaying antique or vintage ornaments, so I adapted it to our now “vintage” childhood ornaments.
IMG_4806 
I especially love the Hallmark ones that have their school photos in them.  I place them on their nightstands, and no matter how old they get, they still enjoy looking at their special ornaments that bring back lots of wonderful memories.  It’s better than storing them away in boxes.
Merry Christmas,
Kim
Linking up to:

2 comments:

Rosemary@villabarnes said...

This brings back memories. I had one of those little sketch toys. Great way to display them.

Shenita @ Embellishments by SLR said...

Kim, this is such a great idea for my girls! I have a box full of these 'classic' ornaments from their childhood. What a wonderful way to display them! Thanks for sharing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...