HomeAboutRuby LaneHouse TourFeatured

Friday, December 2, 2011

Joyeux Noel Galore!

It’s been a whirlwind around here, getting ready for the annual Holiday Parade of Homes in my hometown of Pikeville.  My home was on the tour in 2007 and they asked me to do it again this year.  It is always an honor and privilege to open my house to help benefit our local high school, who sponsors it as a fundraiser for the cheerleaders.  It has been a tradition for many years in Pikeville and I love having visitors come through the house. There are usually 4 or 5 houses on the tour and you never know how many will actually attend--  last time over 200 people came!  The local newspaper runs an article on each house and takes a few photos as well.  Anyway, with my daughter’s high school basketball schedule started, it’s been busy, busy, busy.
IMG_4498
IMG_4500
With my passion for French Country, my holiday décor this year features a French Country theme throughout the house.  I’ll be blogging all next week and joining the Christmas Block Party and will be showing you more of the decorations.  Today I wanted to share with you what I’m going to giveaway to the first 100 visitors to La Belle Epoque on December 11. It’s just something special that I wanted to do in the spirit of Christmas giving.
IMG_4504
IMG_4503
I was inspired by a pillow ornament that I purchased at European Antique Market and decided to have bunches of them custom made.  I think they are absolutely charming and definitely speak French Country.  They are embroidered with 3 different French holiday sayings: Joyeux Noel (Merry Christmas), Bonheur (Happiness), and Meilleurs Vceux (Season’s Greetings). At least, those are close translations. 
IMG_4525
Love them in the French tian with the large pinecones.
IMG_4519
That’s a French jelly jar with cranberries and a votive in the background.
IMG_4507
My lead cherub statue.  I think he needs a fresh balsam wreath around his neck.  Back to the store…
I am using them myself all around the house: on one of the trees, in garland, hanging from lamps, and in bowls of pinecones.  They add such a warm and personal touch.  I think everyone will love these. I hope so…I’m having way too much fun with them.
IMG_4521
IMG_4508
Some of the giveaways piled in my favorite French basket with my calling cards attached.
IMG_4510
IMG_4516
IMG_4491
The cherub on the master tub surround.  Had to have one here, too.
Enough having fun with the cool ornaments. I may be getting carried away. At this rate, there won’t be any left to give away.  LOL  Back to work on the house.
Joyeux Noel,
Kim
I’m linking up to these great parties:
French Inspiration Thursday at French Cupboard
Show and Tell Friday at Romantic Home
Feathered Nest Friday at French Country Cottage
Vintage Inspiration Friday at Common Ground
Open House Party at No Minimalist Here

3 comments:

Shenita @ Embellishments by SLR said...

Kim, these little "teasers" are wonderful! I am sure your home is looking gorgeous, in preparation for the tour. I am excited to see your decor next week!

erica said...

Beautiful decor! You have a lovely blog! I am your newest follower! xo

Gen said...

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!...and I know that the full impact of your decor will be fabulous...such a treat for Pikeville for you to be back on the tour of homes--and for such a good cause!

A French Christmas Carol:

Ah ! Quel grand mystère !
Dieu se fait enfant.
Il descend sur terre,
Lui, le tout-puissant !
C'est bien le Messie,
Roi de l'univers,
Qui nous rend la vie
En brisant nos fers.

(Roughly translated):

Oh! What a great mystery!
God makes himself a child.
He comes down to Earth,
He, the all-powerful!
It really is the Messiah,
King of the universe,
Who gives life back to us
By breaking our chains.

Joyeux Noel to you and yours!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...