HomeAboutRuby LaneHouse TourFeatured

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Christmas Entry

O.k. I’ve never been one to decorate a lot on the outside and I don’t think I ever will. Although I love looking at other’s homes with lots of lights and over-the-top decorations, I’m just not that motivated to do much decorating outside.
IMG_4543
With that said, I like something  at the front door that simply says “Welcome, we’re glad you stopped by.”
IMG_4541
The lighted swag and wreath are from Frontgate and I added my owns bows.  I found the two cherubs last year on ebay and used left-over ribbon to spruce up the front porch topiaries.
IMG_4553 
IMG_4546
IMG_4557
IMG_4549
I know this netting is all the rage now (at least, I’ve seen it everywhere, even made into wreaths) and I wanted to try my hand at it.  Not sure how I like it yet.  I thought it was kind of hard to work with.  Maybe it’s just me not knowing how to handle it properly.  At any rate, I’ll leave it up this year.   I will put out large pots of poinsettias the closer it gets to Christmas for a natural touch.
Joyeux Noel,
Kim
Linking up to:
.

1 comment:

Maureen Wyatt said...

Your entry does say Welcome! Here's a hint for handling netting. I've used it for years in store displays and use a stapler to get folds and pouffs to stay in place. ~ Maureen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...