HomeAboutRuby LaneHouse TourFeatured

Thursday, February 12, 2015

Master Bedroom Décor Tip: Move The Bed

Change your perspective.  Sleep in a different area of your room….better yet, wake up to a different view in your room.

IMG_5993

I know some of you cannot change the position of your bed or move it to another wall because of the specifics of the room.  But if you can, try it.  Even if you have always resisted.

IMG_5998

We all know the bed is supposed to be the focal point in the room…right? But it doesn’t always have to be.  

IMG_6007

I fought with myself for years on this one.  Our master bed had always been between the windows since we built the house.  THE .SAME .WALL .FOR .9 .YEARS…  

IMG_6002



IMG_6003

…until the other day when I released all the reasons in my head why it wouldn’t work and focused on what possibilities could be…

Now everything is better: the armoire looks better, the built-ins look better, and I love SEEING the light peeking thru the windows in the morning.  I had spent far too much time re-arranging things AROUND the bed instead of the bed itself!!!

IMG_6008

Now my advice is: change your bed to another wall and wake up to something different that can spark your creativity.  Just go for it.  You’ll be surprised at the way it makes everything else look better.

IMG_6010

My husband and I both absolutely love the new arrangement in our room so much that we believe we’re sleeping better and getting more rest.  Take the plunge…move something BIG in your house.

IMG_5988



IMG_6009

Blessings,
Kim

3 comments:

Pinky at Designs by Pinky said...

I wish I could move beds in our house but both bedrooms can only be arranged one way, unfortunately. I like to move furniture too, and in the old house moved our bed from winter to summer. It WAS a whole different feel.

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

Beautiful bedroom Kim and I have always admired your bed and that gorgeous armoire!...love the new arrangement!

Unknown said...

I spent many months researching different companies that sell a french style upholstered bed. I finally made the decision to go ahead and buy the Chelsea upholstered bed. Extremely pleased with my decision. Below is a link to the product page. Good-luck with your upholstered bed shopping.

http://www.thelondonfactory.com/products/chelsea-french-upholstered-beds-headboards

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...