HomeAboutRuby LaneHouse TourFeatured

Monday, April 21, 2014

A Little Outdoor Spring Cleaning Over The Weekend & A Flower Recommendation For You

We had a gorgeous Easter weekend.  The weather was perfect with temperatures in the mid-high 70s.  Hubby and I decided to do a little work outside while we had the opportunity.  Everything gets so dirty over the winter and there’s also a film of yellow-green pollen on stuff.  If you follow me on Instagram I was posting these pics on Saturday.

IMG_9824

As you can see the pool cover is still on but will be opened in a couple weeks.  That’s when we get real serious and get the pressure washer out!  All the furniture from the loggia was moved out for its initial hosing.

IMG_9822

Empty loggia with stacked up cushions.  (I would really love to replace these cushions) I can’t wait to make this into our outdoor oasis.

IMG_9825

Hubby is in charge of the outdoor kitchen as he does all the grilling.

IMG_9832

My job was to scrub the balcony.  I need to get a new outdoor rug for here and fill the planters.   I’m not sure the two hydrangeas in the round pots will come back out this year. I’m keeping my fingers crossed.  At least the balcony is clean for now.

IMG_9829

I usually won’t plant anything until after Mother’s Day for fear of frost but I did go ahead and pick up these awesome Proven Winners from Lowe’s.  I highly recommend these.  They are supertunias and get very full and trailing.  They sell out quickly each year so I made sure I grabbed a few.  These are what I put in the large pots on the hot tub.

IMG_9839

I love the name “bubblegum” for these.  I like this combo with purple, pink and white.

IMG_9840

Here’s a photo from last year so you can see the supertunias in the pots.  This is a close-up.  See how full they get coming over the pot.

IMG_1429

The view of the town below as I was standing on the balcony.  My beloved mountains are finally just beginning to turn green.

IMG_9835

How’s your spring cleaning on the outside coming along?

Blessings,

Kim

8 comments:

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Gorgeous petunias, Kim! I am going to look for those when I go to Lowe's in the next couple of weeks. I need something for a shepherd's hook I have at the end of our little driveway. I always like to put something with color there and it is far enough away from the door that I don't have to listen to hubby complain about bees getting inside through the garage door! : )

Unknown said...

It's going to be beautiful! Love this warmer weather we are having!

Olive said...

I lost a lot of plants this winter but all my hydrangeas made it. They are winter burned though. I have pollen all over too. Your outside space is equal to the inside-lovely.

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

There is always so much to do once winter is over. I need to clean and paint our poor neglected deck. Hopefully hubby will build a pergola over part of it some time soon, I hope. Petunias are the easiest flower for me to keep alive!

Pinky at Designs by Pinky said...

We have been doing the same outdoor clean up! We just had a deck, patio and pond installed in Oct. so this will be the first season we can use it all! I am SO antsy to plant flowers and do my pots. I ALMOST bought some flowers today but resisited!

Sarah said...

I buy Proven Winners for our garden. Picked up petunias this week. '-)

Unknown said...

With those stunning walls and concrete floor; it’s only apt to keep them clean, especially after winter. I see the pool was still covered. But then again, that part's the hardest to clean, in my opinion. I would love to see how beautiful it is after everything is cleaned up and put in their proper places. Have a good day!

C. J. Pierce @ PRO WASH

Unknown said...

It does look like an oasis, even if the spring cleaning is ongoing. The view of the mountains and the greenery makes up for the mess. I bet you can’t wait to complete all of your spring cleaning tasks. I’ll look forward to the updates. Have a lovely day!

German Zollinger @ Total Clean Equipment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...