HomeAboutRuby LaneHouse TourFeatured

Thursday, July 24, 2014

A French Guest Post from Sunday Brocantes: Extreme Eye Candy Warning! LOL




More than just a French vintage shopping trip!

How is your summer going mes amis?  I am so happy to be doing this post for my dear friend Kim Hites about our up-coming tour in the fall.  I remember how I felt at this time last year-- it was a melange of excitement and anticipation and a tiny, tiny bit of nervousness....  I was excited to be seeing Kim again and so thrilled to be working with her to provide our first annual French Vintage Shopping Tour.
 
Now we are quickly moving towards the next tour which is coming up in September.... and again-- I cannot wait!  We have so many flea markets and brocantes on the schedule to explore and a packed schedule of stops to our favorite shops and villages all around Normandie.
What treasures will we find?!
 
I have to tell you -- the other part of Kim's tour with us that I truly love is the visit to our private home and farm, Rabbit Hill.  We have lived in this 17th century farmhouse in a pretty little town for just a year this April ... a year filled with projects and settling in and it is our 'maison de rêve'....
This was a photo of our home this summer... We raised our American flag to commemorate the 70th Anniversary of the Normandie D-Day invasions.
 
Last year the gals came over for a very French lunch that took most of the day.... and this year in addition to a traditional (read long and relaxed!) French lunch there will be a private barn sale full of vintage items, furnishings and decor elements at barn-sale prices!
Not certain yet what will be on the menu-- Maybe I will let Kim chose her favorite French dish!  I cannot wait to have Kim's group at my home and in my kitchen this September!
Here is another fun addition for this year.  We have just finished a barn room 'renovation'... and we hope to have our lunch in this charming and glorious space that is currently serving as a harvest and drying room for 'Rabbit Hill Lavande'  my new farming endeavor this summer!
My long solid piece table (a French work table that is about 15 feet long and seats up to 16) has finally found a place (where it fits!) at Rabbit Hill.  Perfect for meals with family and friends!
 
Besides lunch and the barn sale there will be a chance to meet a few of the .... a-hem... "family members" of Rabbit Hill.  
The timing is tricky to meet 'the ladies' who are the tenant cows on the farm and by September they are all (all 12 of them) in their last month of pregnancy.  The field is just one BIG maternity ward!
 
So many wonderful things in the works... non?!?  So happy to share a little sneak peek with you! Interested in being a part of Kim's tour?  Drop her an email:  
 


Hope you are having a lovely summer friends!  
 
___________________________________________

All I can say is WOW!  Thanks Cat, for giving us this amazing upcoming tour/Normandie sneak peek.  The barn room is absolutely "swoon" worthy and I can hardly wait to see what treasures we bring home this year!

If your heart is beating fast after reading Cat's post and you're interested in joining our group this fall, drop me an email and I'll send you all the details for our tour on September 26 - October 3.  There is one available spot (potentially 2 if you want to bring a friend!) waiting for YOU!

À bientôt,
Kim

5 comments:

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

Oh how I wish I could go this year!....it was a most remarkable and memorable trip for me last year....You coordinated a great tour with Cat and her hubby..and one of the highlights of the trip was visiting Rabbit Hill and experiencing the most extraordinary hospitality, exquisite meal and the most gorgeous home. I wish you all a most wonderful trip to all the lucky ones that will be going!...

Sarah said...

Kim, I'll be in France in September attending the QCI meeting and plan to shop as many brocantes as time allows. I know you and your group will have a fabulous trip. What a wonderful experience. I'd love to be part of your group sometime. Can't wait to see your photos.

Carolina Elizabeth said...

I do so love all your lovely photos and stories that accompany them. Thank you for sharing them with the rest of us. Kindest regards, Carolina Elizabeth http://carolinaelizabeth-art.blogspot.com/

Rosemary and Thyme said...

Oh this is exactly the place of my dreams. What a gorgeous kitchen. You are so fortunate to be able to enjoy such an amazing peace of heaven. I loved all your photos. They were such a joy to look at. Thank you for sharing.

Janet

Leslie Anne Tarabella said...

What a beautiful place with all the perfect little touches. Even the cows and chickens are perfectly styled!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...