HomeAboutRuby LaneHouse TourFeatured

Tuesday, May 20, 2014

For The Love Of Bouillottes & I’m Back From France

Bonjour everyone!  I have returned from France and I’ll be sharing more about my trip in upcoming posts.  I’m not sure that my French speaking improved, but I sure did have fun!  If you’ve been following me on Instagram HERE then you’ve seen a lot of my photos.  I wanted to do a quick post to get back into the swing of things in blogland.

I love French bouillotte lamps and I recently acquired a couple really nice antique ones.  I put the largest one in my breakfast room.

IMG_4805


This is the first triple-arm one that I have purchased.


IMG_4806


I think the color of the metal tole shade coordinates well with the drapes.  It has beautiful detailing.


IMG_4809



IMG_4811


This is the other side of the breakfast room.  I’ve intentionally kept it a rich warm feeling  without adding lots of white.  This is where we eat most of our meals.


IMG_4812


And this is the view into the family room.  I still refuse to put any artwork or décor on the wall above the fireplace.  The tile was handmade in Sonoma, CA and I want the eye to focus on the fleur de lis and not travel up the wall.


IMG_9640


I always look for bouillotte lamps when shopping in France but they are getting harder to find.  They are such a staple in French interiors.  I’ll be back soon with more French décor nuggets.

Blessings,
Kim

4 comments:

Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

Welcome back- looking forward to seeing more - I don't do IG so it will all be fresh and exciting for all of us who do not. : - )

Thanks, Kim. Glad you had a fun and safe journey. A bientot.

M

Cynthia said...

Welcome back and I can't to hear about your trip and see t he goodies you brought back because we know shopping has to happen, LOL. Love the lamp and your fireplace surround is gorgeous!!

Cynthia

Ann from On Sutton Place said...

Welcome back...I'm a little late in wishing you that though! Are you going to show any of the fabric you found on your trip? I'd love to see. Hint. Hint.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE your fireplace! That lamp is pretty too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...