Thursday, December 27, 2012

A Little After Christmas On-Line Shopping Temptation (And Find Out What I’m Picking Up For Next Year)

I did not hit the stores or malls yesterday.  Instead I headed to the computer to see what I could “snag” on sale.  I’m feeling pretty good about what I managed to get.

I’m sure you’ve seen the awesome wool tufted wreath that Anthropologie had and noticed it being copied a lot in blogland this year.  I’d been keeping my eye on it.


I must admit I fell in love with it when I saw it on Maria’s Dreamy Whites blog with her grain sack ribbon.   But it was quite pricey at $128.  Well, of course it was sold out on-line by early yesterday morning so I called customer service and the nice rep gave me a couple phone numbers of stores that were still showing them in inventory.  I called NY and Cincinnati and got the last one each of them had.  So I ended up with two.  Why?  Because of the price.  They were 1/2 price PLUS an additional 30% off.  That’s right.  I got them for $44.80 each and free shipping!

I also ordered more of the blown glass sheep ornament.  I had picked up one at full price of $18  when I was in Atlanta last month and they were on sale too at half off plus 30%.  Can’t beat that.  This sheep is sooo charming and reminds me of Country French.  Sorry but it’s sold out on-line as well.


From Pottery Barn I got the Eiffel Tower tree topper.  I had seen it in person at the PB store and was waiting for it to go on sale.  I already have a German glass glitter Eiffel topper that I used on my tree but I think this one will make a great themed centerpiece as it is a nice large size.   It is still available HERE.  I missed out on the wired burlap ribbon with red stipe and the candles that I wanted.


Did any of you see the barrel planter tree stand from Ballard Designs?  I was lucky enough to get the white one.  I noticed they are all sold out today.


And I LOVE these He Is Born booklets from Wisteria.   I already had a couple sets that I put at each place setting for Christmas dinner, but at 75% off I couldn’t resist buying more.  I’m going to use them as gift tags next year.  They are regularly $19 for 4 but now are $4.75 for the set.  You can still get them HERE.


Oh, and finally, remember the post I did about my toile pajamas?  Well, Gump’s still has them HERE for 1/2 off and you can choose red or black.  I may have to pick up another set for a gift.  They are too cool.


What about you?  What are you picking up on-sale for next year’s décor or gifts?




Open House Party at No Minimalist Here

Tutorials, Tips, And Tidbits at Stone Gable


Olive said...

Toile pjs are yummy. You found some lovely items on sale. I bought several books today that I wanted.

Shenita @ Embellishments by SLR said...

Kim, you really scored some great deals. I have yet to buy anything. Very unusual for!! Love your goods, though!

Michele @ The Nest at Finch Rest said...

I hate to shop, actually really really really hate to shop - but I DID hit up HomeGoods today after we watched the movie Anna Karenina. (Great film costumes, wow!)

So I did get some nice pricing, but frankly it was pretty picked over. Yesterday's snow storm kept me in - but my die-hard daughters hit up the mall, like true warriors of fashion lol.

Love your awesome catches, and the price was definately better for sure!

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...

Kim, I also avoided the stores and purchased some sale items from Wisteria. Looks like you got some great buys and I especially love the tree topper. Thanks for joining the Open House party this week and Happy New Year. xx, Sherry

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

I love to do after Christmas shopping! There was a home decor store my mom and I would always hit the day after Christmas but they closed last year:(
Love those pjs!!

Designs By Pinky said...

Wow, great finds!!! My house guests just left tonight so I didn't get a chance to do ANY shopping. XO, pinky

Maureen Wyatt said...

Shopping was a no no for me this year. I'm forcing myself to clear things out and absolutely nothing can come into the house until a whole lot is gone! Nice buys you got, though.

Charm Bracelet Diva said...

I shopped local Anthro today and got 30% off clearance! Hubbby was surprised to find that he had already bought my February birthday gifts! :) No wreaths, but I got a gorgeous white pottery pitcher and a sumptious cozy scarf. Oh, and I have pink toile PJ's, love them!

Lisa - A Room with A View said...

I way behind on any after-Christmas shopping. I had no plan to do any but think I should try to snag some deals if possible. I will be lucky to find anything at this point. Great finds, Kim - I love the Eiffel Tower tree topper - quite a statement piece!

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

Wow...I would say you scored big time!...Love all of your purchases....Did not do much shopping after Christmas...just a few 50 to 75% off Chrismas decor items...Glad you got your wreaths!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...